||11.20 x 3.10 x 8.70 in.
Fast and Flexible Data Access
The Cisco 1721 is a modular router optimized for data-access applications, providing businesses with the most complete functionality and flexibility to deliver secure Internet and Intranet access. The router offers a wide array of WAN access options, high-performance routing, Quality of Service, inter-virtual LAN routing, and VPN access with firewall options. Powered by Cisco IOS, the Cisco 1721 offers high reliability and flexibility of interchangeable WAN interface cards, comprehensive security that includes hardware-assisted VPN encryption and a stateful inspection firewall, and business-class DSL with enhanced quality of service to ensure high-performance levels are guaranteed.
* Cost-effective modular device optimized for data-access applications
* Offers a wide array of WAN access options, high-performance routing, VLAN routing, and VPN access with firewall options
* Offers business-class DSL through ADSL and G.SHDSL technologies with enhanced QoS
The Cisco 1721 router offers the following key features:
* A RISC processor to support high-performance routing, encryption, and broadband services
* One autosensing 10/100 Fast Ethernet port
* Two WAN interface card (WIC) slots that support the same data WAN interface cards as the Cisco 1600, 2600, and 3700 routers
* One auxiliary (AUX) port (up to 115.2-kbps asynchronous serial)
* One console port
* One internal expansion slot for the hardware-assisted VPN encryption card (MOD1700-VPN)