||1.69 x 17.50 x 11.80 in.
The Cisco® 2600 Series is an award-winning series of modular multiservice access routers, providing flexible LAN and WAN configurations, multiple security options, voice and data integration, and a range of high-performance processors. The wide range of features and interfaces and the flexibility of adding more than 50 modules makes the Cisco 2600 Series the ideal branch-office router for today's and tomorrow's customer requirements.
The Cisco 2600 Series of modular routers includes the Cisco 2612, Cisco 2600XM models, and the Cisco 2691 (see Figure 1). These models deliver extended performance, high density, enhanced security performance, and concurrent application support to meet the growing demands of branch offices. In addition, numerous Cisco 2600 Series product bundles have been introduced (Refer to Table 9). These bundles offer an additional cost savings and provide easy ordering to meet branch-office requirements.
s companies grow, the diversity of protocols, increased performance, LAN media, WAN services, and networking equipment required to support mission-critical network services expand dramatically. With extensive support for multiprotocol data routing, voice and data integration, DSL access, ATM, dial access services, and integrated switching, the Cisco 2600 Series provides a flexible, scalable, integrated solution that simplifies the process of deploying and managing the branch-office network solutions.
The Cisco 2600 Series offers a comprehensive feature set ideal for solutions requiring the following support:
• Multiservice voice and data integration
• VPN access with firewall and encryption options
• Analog dial access services
• Routing with bandwidth management
• Inter-VLAN routing
• Delivery of high-speed business-class DSL access
• Cost-effective ATM access
• Integration of flexible routing and low-density switching
• Integration of content networking
• Integration of intrusion detection systems (IDSs)
• Integration of network analysis systems