||1.72 x 17.50 x 16.50 in.
The Cisco 2800 Series provides significant additional value compared to prior generations of Cisco routers at similar price points by offering up to a fivefold performance improvement, up to a tenfold increase in security and voice performance, embedded service options, and dramatically increased slot performance and density while maintaining support for most of the more than 90 existing modules that are available today for the Cisco 1700, Cisco 2600, and Cisco 3700 Series.
The Cisco 2800 Series features the ability to deliver multiple high-quality simultaneous services
at wire speed up to multiple T1/E1/xDSL connections. The routers offer embedded encryption acceleration and on the motherboard voice digital-signal-processor (DSP) slots; intrusion prevention system (IPS) and firewall functions; optional integrated call processing and voice mail support; high-density interfaces for a wide range of wired and wireless connectivity requirements; and sufficient performance and slot density for future network expansion requirements and advanced applications.
Key Features of the Cisco 2801 Integrated Services Router:
* Mid/High-Density, High Performance Services
Security: On-board encryption, up to 800 VPN tunnels (AIM); IOS FW, NAC, IPS, or Content Security
Voice: Mid/High-density analog/digital voice with IP Telephony, Voice Mail; CallManager Express or Survivable Remote Site Telephony support for up to 24 IP phones
* High-performance concurrent security, voice and advanced services to multiple T1/E1 WAN rates
* Integrated Dual 10/100 ports
* Optional integration of L2 switching with PoE
* Enhanced Modularity and Investment Protection
* Flexible expansion ( 2 HWIC slots), additional concurrent services
* Existing WIC/VIC/VWIC, AIM support
* Scalable services deployment and availability features