||18.62 x 1.80 x 20.60 in.
The Cisco® CRS-1 Carrier Routing System is the industry's first carrier router offering continuous system operation, unprecedented service flexibility, and system longevity. The Cisco CRS-1 is powered by Cisco IOS® XR Software - a unique self-healing, distributed operating system designed for always-on operation while scaling system capacity up to 92 Tbps. The innovative system architecture combines the Cisco Silicon Packet Processor, the first programmable 40-Gbps application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), with the Cisco Service Separation Architecture for unprecedented service flexibility and speed to service. The Cisco CRS-1 marks a new era in carrier IP Communications by powering the foundation for network and service convergence today while protecting investments for decades to come.
The MSC-B offers many advantages-
• Supported across all the CRS-1 form factors: 4-slot, 8-slot, 16-slot and Multi-chassis
• Powered by the Silicon Packet Processor (SPP), one of the world's most sophisticated 40 Gbps ASIC
• Features two Silicon Packet Processors (SPP)- one for ingress, one for egress packet handling
• Always paired with Interface Module (IM) through the chassis mid-plane, thus occupying one-half of a slot.
• Can be paired with a variety of Interface Modules (IM) providing deployment flexibility
• Layer 3 forwarding engine of the CRS-1 with an industry leading wire rate performance at 40 Gbps
• Additional services of Class of Service (COS) processing, Multicast, Traffic Engineering (TE), including statistics gathering, are also performed at 40Gbps line rate
• Supports several forwarding protocols, including IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS
• Enhanced performance with hardware based prefix lookup for IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS
• Better environmental features with a lower power and weight profile