||4.38 x 3.08 x 0.75 in.
The Cisco T1/E1 HWIC combines T1 and E1 connectivity in the same card, providing fractional or full T1/E1 WAN connectivity. The flexible WAN connectivity options, together with integrated routing, security, and voice capabilities, make the Cisco 1861 Integrated Services Router able to meet the diverse needs of enterprise-class branch offices, commercial offices, and SMB offices. The Cisco T1/E1 HWIC can be used in T1 or E1 networks, selectable by software configuration. The integrated channel service unit/data service unit (CSU/DSU) enables customers to consolidate customer premises equipment (CPE). The Cisco T1/E1 HWIC supports balanced and unbalanced E1 connectivity.
• 1 port of RJ-48
• Cisco IOS® Software configurable for T1 or E1 operation
• Integrated CSU/DSU per port
• Fractional T1/E1 (n x DS-0) or full T1/E1
• Maximum two channel groups
• Balanced or unbalanced E1 termination in the same module
• Full management features
– Configuration: The Cisco T1/E1 HWIC can be remotely configured using Telnet from Cisco IOS CLI.
– Monitoring: Router and DSU/CSU are manageable as a single SNMP entity; extensive DSU/CSU statistics are available through the Cisco IOS CLI.
– Troubleshooting: Extensive loopbacks (including manual button for network line loopback), bit error rate tester (BERT) test patterns, alarm counters, and performance reports are all accessible from Cisco IOS CLI. LED displays are available for carrier detect, loopback, and alarm functions.