As part of the industry-leading Cisco 7000 Series Routers, the Cisco 7301 packs high performance in a space-and power-efficient chassis that includes a single Cisco 7000 Series port adapter slot, three onboard Gigabit Ethernet (copper or optical) or Fast Ethernet ports, and new high-speed bus technologies.
The main features of the Cisco 7301 are:
• Three times the performance compared to existing 1RU routers
• Compact, power-efficient 1RU form factor
• Single Cisco 7000 Series port adapter slot
• Complete Cisco IOS Software feature support
• Three onboard Gigabit Ethernet (copper or optical) or Fast Ethernet ports
• Pluggable Gigabit Ethernet optics (Small Form-Factor Pluggable [SFP] optics)
• Up to 1 GB of available DRAM, supporting up to 1 million routes
• Up to 256 MB of removable compact flash memory
• Front-to-back airflow and single-sided management
The Cisco 7301 delivers a full suite of Cisco IOS Software services for managing network security, allocating quality of service (QoS) among applications and users, and providing value-added services such as NetFlow accounting and encryption. QoS applications such as Committed Access Rate, Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), and Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ) can be flexibly applied to provide precedence across IP addresses, applications, and specific users with a high level of granularity.
With its combination of scalable performance, compact architecture, high density, and low price per port, the Cisco 7301 is ideally suited for a variety of crucial applications in both the service provider and enterprise marke