||7.20 x 7.10 x 1.55 in.
The Cisco® Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) Network Module (NME) for the Cisco integrated services routers (ISR), and the second-generation (G2) integrated services routers, is a powerful application acceleration and WAN optimization solution that accelerates the performance of any TCP-based application delivered across a WAN, providing the benefits of branch-office server consolidation, acceleration of centralized applications, and live video delivery to the branch location. Cisco WAAS allows customers to consolidate costly branch-office servers and storage within data centers and deploy new applications centrally while still offering near-LAN performance for remote users. Cisco WAAS offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for branch-office and data center deployments, ease of integration through network transparency, reliable voice and data interoperability, and greater overall security.
Cisco WAAS enables organizations to accomplish these primary IT objectives:
• Improve employee productivity by enhancing the user experience for important business applications
• Reduce the cost of branch-office operations by centralizing IT resources within the data center and reducing the cost of WAN bandwidth
• Increase IT agility by reducing the time and resources required to deliver new IT services to the branch location
• Simplify data protection and business continuance for regulatory compliance
Unlike other WAN optimization products, the Cisco WAAS solution provides:
• Application-specific acceleration validated by application vendors
• Network integration that preserves existing network services and results in ease of operations
• A highly cost-effective solution