||18.50 x 1.25 x 14.50 in.
The Cisco 12000 Series is the premier Internet routing platform for service provider backbone and high-speed edge applications. It features a unique modular, fully distributed system architecture. The Cisco Performance Route Processor (PRP-1) (Figure 1) is the main system processor for the Cisco 12000 Series Router, providing the following essential functions:
· Executes routing protocol stacks
· Performs all protocol communication with other routers
· Builds and distributes forwarding information to all line cards
· Uploads Cisco IOS® system images to all installed line cards at power up
· Provides out-of-band system console and auxiliary ports, two10/100 Ethernet ports for router configuration, and maintenance
· Monitors and manages power and temperature of system components such as line cards, power supplies, and fans