||0.80 x 6.75 x 7.28 in.
The Cisco® Interface Flexibility (I-Flex) approach combines shared port adapters (SPAs) and SPA interface processors (SIPs), providing an extensible design that enables service prioritization for data, voice, and video services. Enterprises and service providers can take advantage of improved slot economics resulting from modular port adapters that are interchangeable across Cisco's routing platforms. The Cisco I-Flex design maximizes connectivity options and offers superior service intelligence through programmable interface processors that deliver line-rate performance. Cisco I-Flex enhances speed-to-service revenue and provides a rich set of quality-of-service (QoS) features for premium service delivery while effectively reducing the overall cost of ownership. This data sheet contains the specifications for the Cisco 1-Port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Shared Port Adapter.
The Cisco SPA/SIP portfolio offers many advantages, including:
• Highly modular, flexible, intelligent interface processors
– Superior flexibility, supporting a combination of interface types on the same interface processor for consistent services, independent of access technology
– Pioneering programmable interface processors that provide flexibility for the service diversity required in next-generation networks
– Innovative design that provides intelligent delivery of services without compromising on performance
• Increased speed-to-service revenue
– The scalable, programmable Cisco architecture extended to 10 Gbps dramatically improves customer density, increasing potential revenue per platform.
– Interface breadth (copper, channelized, POS, ATM, and Ethernet) on a modular interface processor allows service providers to roll out new services more quickly, helping ensure that all customers large and small receive consistent, secure, and guaranteed services.
– High-density Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interfaces are featured for high-port-count applications with reach flexibility. Future optical technology improvements can be adopted using existing SPAs.
• Dramatically improved return on your routing investment
– Improved slot economics and increased density reduce capital expenditures (CapEx).
– The ability to easily add new interfaces as they are needed enables a "pay-as-you-grow" business model while still offering a high-density solution.
– SPAs are shared across multiple platforms, and can be easily moved from one to another, providing consistent feature support, accelerated product delivery, and a significant reduction in operating expenses (OpEx) through common sparing as service needs change.