||10.56 x 13.50 x 1.35 in.
Cisco Systems® introduces four new cable line cards-the Cisco uBR7200 Series MC28U, MC28X, MC16U, and MC16X Broadband Processing Engines (BPEs)-that bring new choices and capabilities to the Cisco uBR7246VXR Universal Broadband Router. With their flexible, all-inclusive product design, the line cards offer:
• An advanced physical layer (PHY) to provide ingress noise cancellation
• Advanced time-division multiple access (A-TDMA) capabilities
• Advanced spectrum management
• An onboard processor for improved performance to support additional subscribers and services
• Integrated upconverters for Cisco uBR7200 Series MC28U and MC16U line cards
• Flexible software Media Access Control (MAC) domain configuration or virtual interfaces
• Reduced cable wiring through frequency stacking
• Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS®), European DOCSIS (Euro-DOCSIS), and J-DOCSIS support on one line card.
The Cisco uBR7200 Series MC28U, MC28X, MC16U, and MC16X line cards address the expanding service and operational needs of multiple system operators (MSOs). An unmatched set of advanced features and a scalable architecture make these line cards an ideal choice for cable operators facing the challenge of delivering carrier-class IP-based data, voice, and video services to a growing number of subscribers. The line cards provide unparalleled flexibility and improved robustness to the Cisco uBR7246VXR, further enhancing this communications-grade cable modem termination system (CMTS). The DOCSIS and Euro-DOCSIS 2.0-qualified and PacketCable 1.1-qualified technology help cable operators accelerate deployment of advanced IP services. By upgrading existing Cisco uBR7246VXR CMTSs with new Cisco BPEs, cable operators can improve overall bandwidth availability and increase their signal quality and reliability. This evolutionary upgrade to existing Cisco CMTSs adds processing power and hardware-accelerated quality of service (QoS) capabilities without requiring a chassis upgrade, and therefore delivers exceptional investment protection. Figure 1 depicts the Cisco uBR7200 Series MC28U BPE