||17.50 x 15.00 x 2.80 in.
The Catalyst® 4912G is a 12-port dedicated Gigabit Ethernet switch featuring high-performance Layer 2 switching and intelligent Cisco IOS® network services for high-speed network aggregation. The Catalyst 4912G is the flagship product of the new Catalyst 4900 series, which delivers fixed configuration enterprise platforms providing cost-effective, high-performance solutions for Gigabit networking. The Catalyst 4912G switch provides an advanced enterprise switching solution delivering low-cost, high-density gigabit aggregation with modular Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) modular protection. The Catalyst 4912G switch provides intelligent Cisco IOS network services, capable of enhancing LAN scalability, multicasting, security, management and quality of service (QoS). The dedicated gigabit Catalyst 4912G leverages the same feature set with identical software code base and the same enterprise functionality as the Catalyst 5000 family, delivering a consistent end-to-end solution.
The Catalyst 4000 family benefits include:
* Powerful wire-speed performance with 24 Gbps of dedicated bandwidth for nonblocking Gigabit Ethernet concentration
* Consistent and mature Catalyst 5000 family software compatibility
* Future-proof bandwidth protection with broad Gigabit EtherChannel® availability
* GBIC flexibility on fiber port interfaces covering a wide range of cabling distances
* Redundant, hot-swappable external power supply (option) and other fault-tolerant features