||Cable or Accessory
The Cisco® Catalyst® 6500 and 6500-E Series sets the new standard for IP Communications and application delivery in enterprise campus and service provider networks by maximizing user productivity and enhancing operational control. As the premier intelligent, multilayer modular Cisco switch, the Catalyst 6500 Series delivers secure, converged, end-to-end services, from the wiring closet to the core network, the data center, and the WAN edge. The 6500-E series switches offer enhancements to scale beyond the 4000W power supply. Today's 6500 series switch cannot scale beyond 4000W of total system capacity except for 6513. The 6513 can support up to 6000W of power.
Ideal for enterprises and service providers seeking to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series provides unprecedented investment protection and delivers scalable performance and port density across several chassis configurations and LAN, WAN, and metropolitan-area network (MAN) interfaces. Available in 3-, 6-, 9-, and 13-slot chassis, Catalyst 6500 Series switches feature an unparalleled range of integrated services modules, including multigigabit network security, content switching, telephony, and network analysis modules.
he Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series provides market-leading services, performance, port densities, and availability with investment protection for enterprise and service provider markets, including:
• Maximum Network Uptime: With Cisco IOS Software Modularity and platform, power supply, supervisor engine, switch fabric, and integrated network services redundancy provides one- to three-second stateful failover and delivers application and services continuity in a converged network, minimizing disruption of mission-critical data and services
• Comprehensive Network Security: Integrates proven, multi-gigabit Cisco security solutions, including intrusion detection, firewall, VPN, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) into existing networks
• Scalable Performance: Provides up to 400-mpps performance with distributed forwarding architecture
• Forward-Thinking Architecture with Investment Protection: Supports three generations of interchangeable, hot-swappable modules in the same chassis, optimizing IT infrastructure usage, maximizing ROI, and reducing TCO
• Operational Consistency: Features 3-, 6-, 9-, and 13-slot chassis configurations sharing a common set of modules, Cisco IOS® Software, Cisco Catalyst Operating System Software, and network management tools that can be deployed anywhere in the network
• Unparalleled Services Integration and Flexibility: Integrates advanced services such as security, wireless LAN services, and content with converged networks; provides the widest range of interfaces and densities, from 10/100 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet to 10 Gigabit, and from DS-0 to OC-48; and performs in any deployment from end to end