||10.20 x 4.40 x 1.20 in.
The Cisco Catalyst® Switch Module 3110 for IBM BladeCenter represents the next-generation networking solution for blade server environments. Built from the ground up on the purpose-built Cisco® hardware and market-leading Cisco IOS® Software, the Cisco Catalyst Switch Module 3110 is engineered with unique technologies specifically designed to meet the rigors of blade server-based application infrastructure. Specifically, the switch is designed to deliver scalable, high-performance, highly resilient connectivity while supporting ongoing IT initiatives to reduce server infrastructure complexity and total cost of ownership (TCO).
Main Benefits of VBS Technology
• VBS reduces infrastructure complexity, improves network resiliency, and increases the operational manageability of the blade-switching environment.
• VBS offers exceptional scalability by providing up to 80 Gbps of upstream bandwidth.
• VBS can increase the bandwidth available to a server sixfold.
• Because the VBS appears as a single node, both the Layer 2 and Layer 3 topologies are greatly simplified, increasing fabric stability and reducing convergence times after a topology change.
• The capability to mix-and-match 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches provides customers with a cost-effective migration path. In addition, the advanced operations and troubleshooting tools reduce operating expenses.