||16.00 x 14.20 x 1.20 in.
The Cisco® IPSec VPN Services Module (VPNSM) delivers cost-effective VPN performance for Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series switches and Cisco 7600 Series routers. Primary VPN features delivered by the Cisco IPSec VPNSM include:
• Security integrated into network infrastructure-The Cisco IPSec VPNSM supports Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches and Cisco 7600 Series routers. By integrating VPNs into these infrastructure platforms, the network can be secured without extra overlay equipment or network alterations. Furthermore, the broad range of LAN and WAN interfaces, as well as the entire line of security services modules (VPN, firewall, network anomaly detection, intrusion detection and prevention, content services, Secure Sockets Layer [SSL], and wireless LAN), can now be used within the same platform.
• High performance-Using the latest in encryption hardware acceleration technology, each Cisco IPSec VPNSM can deliver up to 1.9 Gbps of Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) traffic at large packet sizes (more than 500 bytes) and 1.6 Gbps of 3DES traffic at average packet sizes as defined by internet mix traffic (IMIX).
• Scalability-The Cisco IPSec VPNSM can terminate up to 8000 site-to-site or remote-access IPSec tunnels simultaneously and can establish those tunnels at up to 65 new tunnels per second. Furthermore, Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) enables a zero-touch, fully dynamic deployment of partial or full-mesh IPSec VPNs over a hub-and-spoke topology.
• VPN resiliency and high availability-Using innovative features such as stateful failover for IPSec and generic routing encapsulation (GRE), Hot Standby Router Protocol with Reverse Route Injection (HSRP+RRI), Dead Peer Detection (DPD), and support of dynamic routing updates over site-to-site tunnels, the Cisco IPSec VPNSM provides superior VPN resiliency and high availability.
• Provides advanced security services-Adding strong encryption, authentication, and integrity to network services is easy with the Cisco IPSec VPNSM. Secured campus and provider-edge VPN applications, including integrated data, voice, and video-enabled VPN; storage area networks; and integration of IPSec and MPLS VPNs, are now easily deployable. The Cisco IPSec VPNSM provides advanced site-to-site and remote-access IPSec services over both LAN and WAN interfaces.