||16.00 x 14.40 x 1.20 in.
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series is a lead element in Cisco AVVID, providing numerous IP telephony and network security features for the enterprise.
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series delivered the industry's first Ethernet switching modules that provided PoE for converged data and voice traffic as well as other powered devices, such as wireless access points. Several Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series interface modules support PoE on each interface port, allowing customers to build campus multiservice data and voice networks for wiring closets with the following features:
• PoE: Provides power for Cisco Prestandard Inline Power and IEEE 802.3af standard PoE over standard Category 5 UTP cable up to 100 meters for such as IP phones and wireless access points
• Powered Device Discovery: Detects the presence of a powered device such as an IP phone and supplies inline power automatically
• Auxiliary VLAN using 802.1Q: Segments IP phones and data endpoints into separate, logical networks automatically
• Automatic quality of service (AutoQoS): Simplifies the task of configuring QoS mechanisms for IP telephony and more
• Cisco Identity Based Networking Services (IBNS): Enables greater security while simultaneously offering cost-effective management of changes throughout the organization