||16.00 x 14.40 x 1.20 in.
Designed to complement the many roles that the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series plays in a network, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series mixed media Gigabit Ethernet modules offer the broadest selection of media, densities, performance, interoperability, and chassis deployments for enterprises and service providers. These modules are ideal for gigabit Ethernet over fiber to the desktop, gigabit uplinks, aggregation of high-density 10/100 interfaces, Metro Ethernet, backbone and high-speed server farm or data center connections as well as mixed media environments supporting both fiber and copper cable connections. The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Gigabit Ethernet modules offer:
• Flexible configurations for any deployment: Range of port densities, media choices, and performance speeds for any deployment requirement
• Choice of media and connector type: Support multi-mode fiber or single-mode fiber using GBIC or SFP modules or MT-RJ fixed optics
Note: For Gigabit Ethernet over Copper requirements please refer to the Catalyst 6500 series 10/100 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet interface module data sheet.
• High mixed media Gigabit Ethernet port densities: From 8 up to 48 ports per module, and up to 410 mixed media/fiber Gigabit Ethernet ports per system
• Scalable and predictable system performance: Provide a selection of switch fabric connections and throughput options: 32 Gbps, 256 Gbps and 720 Gbps bandwidth with system throughput of: 15 Mpps, 30 Mpps, 210 Mpps and up to 400 Mpps
• Operational consistency: Configurations available for Catalyst 6500 3-, 6-, 9-, and 13-slot chassis running Cisco IOS® Software and Cisco Catalyst Operating System Software; interoperable with all other interfaces and services modules; and forward-compatible with all Catalyst 6500 supervisor engines
• Maximum network uptime and resiliency: Support Cisco enhanced Per-Virtual LAN (VLAN) Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+) protocol, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree (MST) protocol, Per-VLAN Rapid Spanning Tree (PVRST) protocol, Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP), Cisco EtherChannel®, and IEEE 802.3ad link aggregation for fault-tolerant connectivity
• Superior traffic management: Available with large per-interface buffers and multiple-priority queues for traffic prioritization and policing, allowing for tight service-level agreement (SLA) enforcement
• Extensive management tools: Support CiscoWorks network management platform, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2, and 3 and four RMON groups (statistics, history, alarms, and events)