||1.20 x 14.40 x 16.00 in.
he Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series provides the broadest selection of 10/100 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet media, Power over Ethernet (PoE) (inline power) options, densities, performance, interoperability, and chassis deployment options. From basic wiring closets and small campus distribution and core layers to high-performance data centers, the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series 10/100BASE-TX modules scale from 16 ports up to 1152 ports, and the 10/100/1000BASE-TX modules scale from 16 ports up to ports in a single Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series chassis.
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Cisco Express Forwarding 720 10-, 100-, And 1000-MBPS Ethernet-over-Copper Modules (part number WS-X6748-GE-TX) is designed for high-performance enterprise and service provider distribution, core layers, data-center, and Web-hosting applications where voice capability is not required, Cisco Express Forwarding 720 twisted-pair interface modules provide line-rate 10/100/1000 Ethernet forwarding with the following operational advantages (refer to Table 3):
• Forwarding architecture: These modules use the central Cisco Express Forwarding engine located on the supervisor engine; optional field-upgradable Distributed Cisco Express Forwarding daughter cards are available.
• Forwarding performance: These modules forward packets up to 30 Mpps per system; they forward packets up to sustained 48 Mpps per slot for slots equipped with distributed forwarding cards (DFC or DFC3).
• Fabric connection: These modules connect to the switch-fabric channels using dual 20 Gbps switch-fabric channels (40 Gbps total).
• Supervisor engine: These modules work with Supervisor Engine 720.
• Distributed forwarding upgrade option: These modules help enable full locally distributed forwarding; they use an optional (part number WS-F6700-DFC3) upgrade to operate with the Supervisor Engine 720, and they provide optimal interface module performance.
• Slot and chassis requirements: These modules can occupy any slot in the Cisco Catalyst 6506, Catalyst 6509, Catalyst 6509-NEB, or Catalyst 6509-NEB-A; they require slots 9 through 13 when used in the Cisco Catalyst 6513. Cisco Catalyst 6503 support is under consideration for the future (refer to release notes for details).
• Maximum port density per chassis: These modules support up to 384 ports per Cisco Catalyst 6509, up to 240 Cisco Express Forwarding-based ports, and an additional 336 classic or Cisco Express Forwarding 256-based ports per Cisco Catalyst 6513.
Note: PoE is not supported on Cisco Express Forwarding 720 10/100/1000 interface modules.