||14.50 x 18.89 x 5.11 in.
Emerging service providers deploying new broadband wireless systems need to build Mobile WiMAX networks in the most capital-efficient way. Established service providers want to use their existing cell towers as much as possible. Both want to offer high-performance service over the widest possible area and with excellent indoor coverage. The Cisco® BWX 8300 Series Broadband Wireless Access System meets these needs, and more, for all types of service providers.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco BWX 8300 Series Broadband Wireless Access System offers service providers the following benefits:
• Standards-compliant Mobile WiMAX performance
• Adaptive beamforming with multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) service to increase coverage and capacity (planned future software release)
• Decreased capital expenditures and operating expenses due to reduced number of cell sites and basestations
• Excellent spectral efficiency, throughput, and indoor coverage for increased customer satisfaction
• Comprehensive integration with the Cisco Service Exchange Framework, enabling the full range of subscriber management and service control
• A licensed Mobile WiMAX radio access component of the Cisco Broadband Wireless network architecture for a tested, integrated end-to-end system
The Cisco BWX 8305 Broadband Wireless Access System uses an eight-element antenna array and advanced RF techniques, such as adaptive beamforming, to reduce service provider capital expense by 30 to 50 percent while also offering substantial operating expense savings.
The Cisco BWX 8305 is a key element of the Cisco Broadband Wireless Solution (Figure 1) featuring leading Mobile WiMAX radio access technologies and tight integration with Cisco's proven IP Next-Generation Network transport and service-delivery infrastructures. This open-standards solution is compliant with the Mobile WiMAX specification and the Profile C Network Reference Model and includes a full suite of base stations, antenna systems, access service network gateways, management systems, and customer premises equipment.