||18.50 x 1.72 x 14.50 in.
The Cisco PRP-2 is the next-generation route processor for the Cisco XR 12000 and 12000 series routers, addressing the unique route processing requirements of carrier-grade IP and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) packet infrastructures. It is responsible for the following functions:
• Executing routing protocol stacks
• Performing all protocol communications with other routers
• Building and distributing forwarding information to all line cards
• Uploading the operating system software system images to all installed line cards upon powering up
• Providing out-of-band system console and auxiliary ports and an Ethernet port for router configuration and maintenance
• Monitoring and managing the power and temperature of system components such as line cards, power supplies, and fans